Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Jace Letters, Part Fifteen

Now comes the scary part for me, where I start to resolve things and wrap this up. Or not.


The Jace Letters

by Karen Funk Blocher
© 2006 by KFB


Part Fifteen



Subject: Re:
Stay Put
Date: 7/??/??? 0efhhffhfhqe0f08y
From: NotaBeach
To:
JaceFace

Jace -

Gabby is back, and so is the doctor. And he brought two friends, and medical equipment. The operation is in half an hour. They've already given me some sedative but not the serious stuff to put me out yet. Dr. K. thinks if he can stop the internal bleeding I will probably survive everything else. The wounds we can see finally seeem to be scabbing istead ofgetting bigger.

Getting ttoo groggy to write this. I know who Gabby is. Sending. Write you if I wakeup.

Sandy



Subject: Please live!
Date: 6/17/12
From: JaceFace
To: NotaBeach

Aunt Sandy –

Your latest email makes me feel so helpless! You've reached the life-and-death moment we've been worrying about, and 18-year-old me can't do anything but wait for another email to see if you survived.

On second thought, maybe I can do something. I'm done with high school, I have access to a van, and I think my machine will work. Ken and I are driving to Sedona tomorrow. I'm anxious to hear back from you, but that could take months and months. I want to start now. I'll bring my laptop along.

I guess Ken and I are kind of back together, not that that really matters right now. We're not quite boyfriend and girlfriend, but more than just friends. Does that make any sense?

You're going to live. I'm sure of it. Otherwise, you wouldn't be going through what I'm about to make happen. It has to be worth it! It has to!

Jace



Technorati Tags: , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes! Things are moving along now. Can't wait for the next installment.