Sunday, June 13, 2004

Otherworld Journal Entry #1 - Crel Merden


Art by Sherlock

Moneldu, 5th Day of Dortem, 896 MMY (my birthday!)

I've been saying for years that I ought to start a journal, so today, in honor of our 16th birthday, I'm finally going to do it. I don't promise to write in it every day, but if something interesting happens I'll try to remember to get it on paper.

Maybe I should start by saying something about myself, not for the sake of anyone else who might read this (Del already knows who I am), but so that I can come back to it when I'm older and remember what it was like to be me at this age. My name is Crel Merden. I'm an orphan, but that doesn't matter. I live with my Uncle Jamek and my twin brother, Del. Uncle Jamek is a stablemaster and the part-time mayor of Liftlabeth, about three days south of Thalemar on horseback. Del and I help out in the stables, which makes us apprentice stablemasters, I suppose.

In a few minutes Uncle Jamek will give us our birthday horses. I'll be very surprised if I don't get Molin, and Del is counting on getting Pandar. I won't say he deserves the best horse Uncle Jamek has, but Del needs all the good news he can get today. His best friend, Rani Fost, has been missing since yesterday afternoon. Uncle Jamek thinks a tengrem killed him. I'm not sure that's true, but he definitely didn't come home yesterday, and at least one person was killed where Shela last saw Rani.

More later.

Crel

1 comment:

Bea said...

Crel is going to have lots to journal about it seems!